Notating.com aims to become the world's biggest independent community in music notation. Join today.
Welcome to notating.com
The purpose of this unique website is for users to discuss music notation and celebrate music, in a safe and civilised online environment.
The meaning of various terms:
• "Us", "we" and "our" means, www.notating.com and its owner, operators, employees, affiliates and other partners.
• "You", "members", "member", visitors", "visitor", "users" and "user" means anyone who registers and/or visits our site and uses our services.
• "Guests" and "guest" is anyone who visits our website without registering but is still using our available services, i.e. visits pages, posts messages and other.
“Content” in this website stands for: Any submitted material by a user and/or by the operators of this website. “Content” can include, but is not limited to the following: Comments, posts, messages, files to be downloaded, attachments, usernames, pictures, polls, etc.
In notating.com we do not accept content from the users that is knowingly or negligently false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, sexist, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, shows racism, or otherwise violative of any international or local law.
Additionally, we do not accept content that shows intolerance of other people's culture, gender, age, beliefs, IQ, sensory impairments or physical disabilities. Users who violate those rules will be immediately and permanently banned.
We may periodically examine the content that has been submitted to this website. If it violates any of our rules we will attempt to take appropriate action. However, please note, that, at present, it is impossible to continually examine the content of this website, and also, that we have no obligation to review or examine any of the content of this website.
Thus, by using this website you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Operator of this website or any other entity on his behalf, should you suffer from any conceivable form of damage while using this website and our services.
Content in this website is presented on an “as is”, and on an “as available” basis, only. Please read more on our disclaimer.
You may not copy and/or distribute any type of content of this site without our written permission.
The messages and any other content express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. Any user who feels that a posted message or download or any other type of content is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and other content and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
Your personal safety in this website is paramount.
Please, always remember, that the internet can be a perilous place, so we need to use common sense at all times when interacting with others online.
In order to protect your welfare, we may ask you NOT to give any personal information to any user of this website. You may not post any personal information either, on any of the forums, or anywhere else on this website; this includes your own profile page.
Personal information (that you must not post or share) includes, but is not limited, to: Your phone number, your mobile number, your home address, pictures of yourself or of any other person, email addresses, your age, your full name, your ID and other.
We strongly support that you never meet up with a person that you met online or through the use of this website because this can be extremely dangerous for your welfare.
In addition, you must not share any other users’ personal information and for any reason, without their written permission.
Regarding Administrators and Moderators:
The administrator(s) and the Moderator(s) of this site simply exist to help this site function as smoothly as possible and to facilitate a pleasant online environment for all users. If any issue arises, you must first try to resolve the issue with the help of an administrator or moderator. That means you should use the contact form to write to us and will try to resolve your issue promptly. You are not allowed to start any topics regarding your issue because this does not help the site's ultimate purpose of discussing music notation. Even though you are highly encouraged to express your opinion and views to us regarding your matter in question, note, that the administrator's and/or moderator's decision always remains final. We will always try to be as fair-minded as possible and we will strive to listen to every user's complaints and opinions. However, bear in mind that in the end, we will always have to take a final decision regarding the matter in question, and thus, our decision must be considered by all parties to be the final.
Regarding Registration and Website Usage:
You may only make use of this website if you are over the age of sixteen (16). Thus, you hereby state that at the time of registration, of visiting or of using this website, you are at least sixteen (16) years of age. You may not use, visit, or register in this website If you are below the age of sixteen (16).
You may register only one account. Multiple accounts from the same person are strictly prohibited. Additionally, we will not accept the impersonation of any person or entity or use of this website using a false identity of any kind.
Do not use your real name as a username. Also, do not use characters or phrases in your username that will reveal your personal information, such as your phone number or location.
Our website uses an advanced notification system. You are free to customise our default notification settings; Just press the "bell" at the top right of our homepage and then press "Notification settings". There are a wealth of notification settings to choose from. For more help, please contact us using the contact form.
Regarding Account Termination:
You are free to cancel your account at any time and for any reason. To unsubscribe and terminate your account, simply, contact us by using our contact form, type the word "unsubscribe" in the message field, press send and your account will be promptly terminated. You can find the contact form by clicking here.
You can also mention to us, whether you would like to have your content deleted, as well. However, for the purpose of this site to sustain a natural continuation of topics and content, please bear in mind that we will not delete your threads and/or topics. Any content posted will appear to be posted by a guest.
Further, take into account that we reserve the right to terminate yours or any other account at any point, for any reason we see fit and without notice.
Regarding Website and Services Termination:
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend the operation of this website (www.notating.com) and its services, at any time and for any reason. We will try to issue a one (1) month’s notice of the website’s intended termination. However, in extreme circumstances, we may terminate this website’s operation without notice. Thus, always back-up your content appropriately.
Regarding behaviour and foul language:
We always promote freedom of expression in this website, since this is on par with the creative side of this website and its artistic principles. However, please make sure that you must not violate any of our rules in the “Regarding content” section of this document when expressing yourself.
As a general advice, please try to be considerate and use appropriate language when submitting content to this website. Try to express yourself with polite words and phrases at all times, such us when replying to topics or even when choosing a title for a submitted file or when choosing a username, etc. Users who use foul language or express themselves inappropriately will be banned.
At the same time, in order to facilitate a pleasant reading environment, please note that SMS-language, jargon and excessive use of abbreviations is forbidden.
It has been widely noted that often in online community forums some users post material specifically to create controversy, annoy others and generally to cause harm. Any messages or other content of that nature (trolling) will be immediately deleted and the user’s account will be permanently suspended.
You are encouraged to direct the administrator’s attention to such suspected behaviour (trolling). Please use the “Report File” or “Report Post” buttons to alert us of such behaviour.
We are extremely serious about copyright protection and we strive to protect the intellectual property of every creator.
We will not tolerate piracy in this website. We strictly adhere to the copyright laws in Greece and Europe, and to all other international copyright laws.
Please, follow the following rules regarding copyright:
- In notating.com you must not post content that is not copyrighted by you unless it belongs to the public domain internationally. (You are solely responsible for researching the copyright status of any material that you submit).
- Only the actual creator and/or copyright holder of content can submit their content.
- We do not accept submissions from agents or other types of representatives even if they possess legal permission by the creator and copyright holder of the content.
We only allow the following types of content to be submitted to this website:
A) Content that has been submitted by the copyright holder of the content.
B) Content that legally and globally belongs to the public domain.
The copyright holders of this website’s content can only be either the owner of this website, Nikolaos Kokkinis, or the respective submitters of content. The LOGO's copyright holder is Manolis Almpanis. The website owner will naturally own the copyright of things like his comments, images that he submitted, images that he uploaded, his intellectual works and generally all other material that he himself submitted.
You, the user, will always own the copyright of your own material, such as your comments, posts, music scores, sound files of compositions, or any other intellectual works that you have created and submitted.
By uploading your content, you warrant and guaranty that you are the copyright holder of that content. Except if you have chosen to upload content belonging to the public domain internationally. In either way, you accept that you are fully responsible for any and all legal claims arising from your uploads.
Before a submitter posts their content, in the submission form, they must click a checkbox with one of the following two options, depending on the type of file they wish to submit:
- For content that they are the copyright holders, they must click the checkbox that says: “I hereby declare that I am the copyright holder of this file. I take full responsibility for any and all legal claims, damages, losses, liabilities, or expenses incurred as a result of submitting this file.”
- For content that belongs to the public domain they must click the checkbox that says: “By clicking this box, I declare and guarantee that this file belongs to the public domain, globally. I take full responsibility for any and all legal claims, damages, losses, liabilities, or expenses incurred as a result of submitting this file.”
By submitting content to this website you agree and understand that your content will be available for public downloading immediately. We cannot control what happens to your content after it has been downloaded through notating.com. We cannot be held responsible or liable for any illegal use of your content after it has been downloaded by any user of our website. Please, back-up your content and copyright it properly before submitting it. For more information, read our disclaimer.
If a user suspects that there could be copyright infringement anywhere on our site, they should contact us by email, at once. Users can also report content by pressing the “Report File” or “Report Post” buttons. After a user has reported content, there will be a formal inspection from us in order to determine whether the reported content indeed infringes copyright. We will also contact the submitter of the reported content before making any final decisions regarding the reported content. Offenders will have their accounts banned immediately.
Regarding illegal or inappropriate material:
- You must not submit pirated material on this website. Pirated material can be but is not limited to the following: Illegally downloaded music scores, pirated software, arrangements of copyrighted music, pirated music and links to websites offering pirated material or any other type of pirated files.
- You must not start any discussions or post messages regarding pirated or illegal material, either.
- You must not post images that minors or children under the age of sixteen (16) appear in them.
- Other inappropriate material includes any content or links of sexual nature.
Pirated material will not be tolerated in this website. Users who have posted pirated material will be immediately banned and their material will be deleted as well, without notice.
Read more on inappropriate content in the “Regarding Content” section of this document.
Regarding self-promotion and advertising:
Notating.com is a place to discuss music notation. It is not a place to explicitly advertise oneself or oneself’s businesses.
Please note the following: You may only add a link to your website or blog in your profile’s page, only if this link is related to music. For example, you cannot put a link to, say, your scuba-diving website, because a scuba diving website cannot be easily related to music notation, thus, it cannot be of help to the visitors of this website. However, you can add a link to, say, your violin blog, because this link is music-related.
If you would like to receive more advice on a potential advertising-link that you want to add, please by all means, contact the administrator. Please, note also:
- We do not allow adverts for services, for items-for-sale, for wanted items or others.
- We do not allow the creation of posts or downloads or any other content explicitly to advertise business or services.
- With the exception of music related material, we do not allow the creation of posts or downloads or any other content explicitly to accomplish self-promotion.
- We do not allow the creation polls that are not related to music.
No visitor of a website likes internet-spamming. Electronic-spamming can prevent this website from functioning smoothly. Users that inflict spamming to other users will be banned immediately.
Spamming can include, but is not limited to: off-topic posts or content, offers for services, email spamming, advertising of any kind, the use of smilies-only when replying to posts, replying just for the sake of replying, posting just for increasing the content count, etc.
Regarding Website Navigation and Guidelines:
You are completely in charge to find your way around this website. The navigation of this website is very user-friendly. We believe that everything, from posting to downloading is well presented and in an orderly manner. Thus, we assume that you will not have any serious problems discovering how to accomplish your tasks. Please, try to contact us only when you have a serious issue.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site's disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at http://notating.com/index.php?/contact/.
Disclaimers for www.notating.com:
All the content and information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. www.notating.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of any type of content or information. Any action you take upon the content that you find on this website (www.notating.com), is strictly at your own risk.
We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any of the content that you download will be safe for you or your devices. In addition, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any of the content that you download or come across while visiting this website will be free of any type of malware programs, including but not limited to, trojan horses, worms, malicious software, harmful components, corrupted data, unsafe computer scripts and other computer viruses. You are fully responsible before accessing this website to choose appropriate measures to protect your devices from computer viruses and other harmful content.
www.notating.com and its operator will not be liable for any and all types of direct or indirect losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Damages can include but are not limited to the following: Data lost from our hosting account’s data centre, personal information loss, physical damage, etc. Please, make sure that you always backup your submitted content at least twice before submitting it. As a general advice, you could use the following methods to back-up your submitted content: a) Back-up your content to an external memory stick, b) Back-up your content to a writable CD or DVD.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all or any of the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone 'bad'.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their "Terms of Service" before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
At www.notating.com we consider the privacy of our visitors to be of the utmost importance.
We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in Greece and the European Union.
We would like to advise our users that the internet can be a perilous place, so as much as we strive to protect their privacy and welfare, every visitor has to always be vigilant and take appropriate measures to protect themselves while using the Internet.
Like many other Web sites, www.notating.com makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site - usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information inside the log files could include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, failed log-in attempts, system errors and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
• ips4_IPSSessionFront: This is a session tracking cookie, used to track the user between page clicks.
• ips4_member_id: This cookie would contain the user's member ID, used to "remember" the user in case their session ends between visits.
• ips4_pass_hash: This cookie would contain a hash used to validate that the viewing user's member ID was not forged (it is not the actual password hash).
• ips4_chat_user_id: (Guests only, Chat only) this cookie would track a guest user's unique "user ID" in the chat room
• ips4_cms_filters: (Pages only) this cookie would track filters set by a user when filtering content in the Pages application.
• ips4_ipsApprovalQueueSplash: (Moderators only) this cookie would track that a user has acknowledged the splash screen in the Moderator CP so that it is not shown again.
• ips4_vseThemeId: (Admins only) this cookie tracks which theme you are editing with the Visual Theme Editor (Easy Mode themes)
• ips4_vle_editor: (Admins only) this cookie tracks that you are using the visual language editor.
• ips4_vle_keys: (Admins only) this cookie is also used in conjunction with the visual language editor to track your changes.
• ips4_acpTabs (Admins only) this cookie is used to track your ACP tab preferences
• ips4_language (Guests only) this cookie is used to track a language preference for a guest if the site has more than one language installed and the guest user chooses a specific language to use.
• ips4_anon_login: This cookie is used to track a user's anonymous login preference if they choose this option during the login process.
• ips4_theme: (Guests only) this cookie is used to track a theme preference for a guest if the site has more than one theme installed and the guest user chooses a specific theme to use.
• ips4_ipbforumpass_XXX: When a forum has a specific password set, this cookie is set once a user logs in to that forum to validate that they have logged in on subsequent page loads.
• ips4_thumbnailSize: (Gallery only) this cookie tracks what type of table layout to use in Gallery listings (list view, small thumbnails or large thumbnails)
• ips4_cm_reg: (Commerce only) this cookie is used to track an invoice ID for a guest who is checking out so that we can associate the invoice correctly after the user registers or logs in.
• ips4_support_order: (Commerce only, Admins only) this cookie is used to track a user's support preferences while using the support system in the ACP to answer tickets.
• ips4_support_filters: (Commerce only, Admins only) this cookie is used to track a user's support preferences while using the support system in the ACP to answer tickets.
• ips4_referred_by: (Commerce only) this cookie is used to track referrals in Commerce when one user refers another user to a purchase.
• ips4_noCache: (Commerce only, Guests only) this cookie is set in order to prevent pages that have been cached from being served to a guest during the checkout process, as the software has the ability to cache guest pages for a configured period of time.
• ips4_storeView: (Commerce only) this cookie tracks a user's preference for viewing the store on the site, whether to show it in list view or grid view.
What information we collect about you:
After you register, we collect the following information from you:
a) Your Display Name (Do not use your real name as a username when registering)
b) Your Email Address (To send you notifications and facilitate your registration)
c) Your IP Address
d) We may collect any other personal information or content that you choose to send to us or include on your profile page, or post anywhere on this site.
Bear in mind, that after registration you remain in charge of what to disclose in your account's profile page. Once in your profile's page, if you desire, you can add more details about yourself, such as, filling in the "about me" field, add a profile photo, add a cover photo, add your date of birth, and other.
However, for safety reasons, we strongly discourage you from ever posting any personal information anywhere on this site -even on the "about me" section of your profile. Please read the "Regarding Safety" section of this page for what constitutes "personal information" and other details.
We will never make your personal information public
We will never share or sell your personal information.
However, we may be obliged by rule of law to pass on your personal information to the authorities, if any legal claims arise.
Please note that you are equally responsible for protecting your personal information in this website. For instance, never share any personal information on our forums, or on any other content that you submit to our site. Please read our terms and conditions for what constitutes "personal information".
In the event of selling or transferring this website to a new owner, we reserve the right to provide the new owner with all website content, including our mailing lists from our members and other contact information we hold. We will issue a one (1) month's notice of our intention to transfer or sell our website.
Regarding our Advertising Partners' cookies
www.notating.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Third Party website links
We believe it is extremely important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
www.notating.com does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent, guardian or another user of this website believes that www.notating.com has in its database, or anywhere else in this website, the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 16, please contact us immediately (using the contact form on our website) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records and take legal action if required.
We reserve the right to access the information in your account
Normally, we do not supervise or review your account's information on this site. However, If a particular situation or problem arises, then, with your permission, we may access your account in order to resolve the problem. In extreme situations, (if for example your account has been compromised) we may be forced to access your account, even without your consent.
Your data is saved with our hosting provider's service
How we wrote this private policy